Xmas Hangover Survival Guide
Christmas will be here before you know it, most of us will be eating and drinking a little, or a lot more than we would normally.
“Well its xmas i here you say you’ve gotta live a little”.
Thats fine if you are fit and healthy your body will be able to deal with the stresses, however if your not in peak physical condition let me show you what happens in the body and a “survival guide” on how to avoid a really bad hangover…
When this happens it places additional nutritional stress on the body. The body doesn’t care where the stress comes from (wether you are having road rage, relationship or work stress) it just reacts in the same way by increasing the release of stress hormones into the body. The result is that our health suffers, common signs are
- Trouble sleeping
- Gaining weight
- Lower back and neck pain
- Digestive and bowel disorders
To name just a few of the symptoms. See the diagram below for more…
Whatever way you look at it alcohol is a toxin – unfortunately! But here is what to do…
- When consuming alcohol try to have it with food – it slows down the release of the alcohol into the blood stream. The best foods are dark meats like lamb or steak with fatty cream or cheese sauces – avoid starchy carbs and minimize vegetables. This is especially important if you are a Protein Metabolic Type
- The choice of alcohol can make a serious difference, choose polish vodka (from potatoes) tequila, or champagne. Biodynamic or organic wine is also a good choice.
- Try to drink some water during the evening, but most importantly before you go to bed if you can remember…
“The Solution to Pollution is Dilution”
- Activated charcoal capsules can be very effective at removing toxins – you can take them before during and after your evening.
- Take a good quality Vitamin C with bioflavinoids
- Milk Thistle will support the liver in its efforts to detoxify the body
By following at least a few of these suggestions in this survival guide it will allow the body to cope with and detoxify the alcohol from your system far better, causing less stress…