IMPROVED SLEEP PATTERNS
A practical guide to better sleep.
- Start to wind down at least 1-2 hours before you go to bed, dim the lights, avoid computer or TV screens, switch off mobile phones.
- Do something that you find relaxing prior to bed – hot bath, listen to relaxing music or read a book.
- Eat an evening meal that is higher in fat and protein and lower in complex carbohydrates, as the carbohydrates may over stimulate your system whilst the fat and protein will stimulate the relaxing side of your nervous system.
- Try relaxation or meditation – a great FREE resource is “meditation oasis” on itunes podcasts.
- Avoid any stimulants such as tea, coffee, alcohol, sugary foods etc… after midday as they go against the natural hormonal cycles and will stimulate the nervous system.
- Ensure that your bed room is totally blacked out and that it is quiet if not consider wearing an eye mask and earplugs.
- Electrical devices of any type should be removed as the Electro Magnetic Frequencies can disrupt sleep.
- Try to establish a regular bedtime routine – monitor how many hours sleep you have, and the quality.
- Burn incense or drink a herbal tea such as lavender or chamomile
- If you have implemented the above points and still have issues with your sleep then further investigation will be required, contact us to find out what options are available to you.
In Health and happiness